Monday, July 30, 2012

Beauty on my Budget #1

July 2012 - The Budget


BUDGET GOAL: $50-$100. Spending only $50 would mean I had an excellent month full of self-restraint and self-confidence. I could live with spending $100. Spending more than $100 would mean I let the insecurities get the best of me and wallowed in them at Ulta.

THE PURCHASES: 

$10 Glam Bag subscription

This is born out of that YouTube guru fascination I mentioned. The thing I don't really like it that much and should cancel, but I'm afraid I'll miss out on something good if I cancel. Check out my unboxing post.

$10 Birchbox subscription
Check out my unboxing post.

$11.86 Physicians Formula  Happy Booster Blush in Warm and
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Nude Eyes

Notice the cost $11.86 that is because CVS had a sale $7.00 off all Physician Formula products. So I only paid $6.29 for the blush and $4.79 for the eyeshadow. A sale has the ability to make me lose my reason. Also, the blush...OMG! Mood boosting blush. In my article I mentioned sadness and the desire to feel better as a reason I and a lot of women spend so much on cosmetics. So PF cut to the chase and went straight for a blush that claims to make you feel better. I'll let you know in a later review if it works. The nude eyes I bought because everyone is obsessed with Urban Decay's Naked Palette but I refuse to spend $50 on 1 eyeshadow palette so I have been looking for a dupe. Again I'll let you know what I think about this one in a review later.

$0.85 Flower Fimo Sticks for nail art
Youtube strikes again. I am so on board the nail art trend, but at least supplies like these can be purchased really cheaply on ebay.

$50.53 1- 16oz. Pomegranate and
1- 16oz. Sweet Almond WEN by Chaz Dean

OK, so much for the $50 end of the budget, but at least these won't need to be purchased every month. Why this purchase? I, like everyone else in America, have seen the infomercial. Hands down though this is the BEST beauty purchase I have ever, ever, ever made. Keep watching this blog for a future rave review. This stuff is amazing. 

FREEBIES - New products that didn't contribute to my monthly bill, but I still want to mention.



$0.00 Influenster Box
Influenster is a company that provides free samples to people for the purpose of testing and promotion. Check out my post for more details.

$0.00 .24oz sample of Estee Lauder Perfectionist CP+R
If you follow me on Facebook then you saw my post about Estee Lauder counters giving this freebie away. I update my blog every Monday but I post beauty news, contests, and announcements about freebies throughout the rest of the week on my Facebook page, if you don't already follow me then click the link at the side and like my page.

$0.00 Nail Tatoos
I love nail art and I won these great nail tatoos on a nail blog I follow called Glitter She Wrote. I'm sure there will be a tutorial in the near future.


THE TOTAL: $83.24 Not bad. I feel like this was a good month, especially since $50 of that was spent all at once on the WEN.









No comments:

Post a Comment