Monday, July 30, 2012

The British Are Coming!!


The Olympics started this weekend! Have you been watching? I normally don't care about sports at all. Football...huh? Soccer...what? Baseball...meh. But for some reason J'adore the Olympics. So I was really excited to watch the opening ceremony Friday. Watching it made me miss living in London. So I decided to share some of my favorite Brit things with you here.

1. The V&A Museum

If you are in London GO. Just GO. Admission is always free (admission to all of the national museums is free) It is my favorite museum. The European Sculpture room is AMAZING. In one room you can see plaster cast reproductions of all of the greatest works of sculpture from across Europe. Standing there surrounded by all of that beauty and history is literally breath taking (and I do mean literally I suffered Stendhal Syndrome the first time I saw it). Plus there is a fashion room...CLOTHES & SHOES!!!!


2. History


3. The Scenery




4. The Television
Doctor Who, Downton Abbey, Misfits, Being Human, Ab Fab, My Family, Rosemary & Thyme, Midsomer Muders, Keeping Up Appearances, Last of the Summer Wine, The Good Life, House of Cards, Poirot, Ms. Marple. There are so many good shows, in so many different genres, I could make an entire blog about noting but British television.

5. Beauty Products! (Pictured: The Kate Moss Collection for Rimmel)

Getting back to the overall theme of the blog. My fave Brit cosmetics. No. 7 by Boots, Butter London, Rimmel, Soap & Glory, Lush, and The Body Shop.

Do you have any faves from Brit culture? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment