Monday, July 9, 2012

Midnight in Paris


Description courtesy of Wikipedia:
Midnight in Paris is a 2011 romantic comedy fantasy film written and directed by Woody Allen. Taking place in Paris, the film follows Gil Pender (Owen Wilson), a screenwriter, who is forced to confront the shortcomings of his relationship with his fiancée and their divergent goals, which become increasingly exaggerated as he travels back in time each night at midnight.


Hubby and I got this one out on Netflix this weekend. What a happy surprise! I LOVED it. This movie is beautiful, charming, romantic, and funny. It makes me want to go to Paris and get swept away in the romance of the city. Owen Wilson is wonderful in it, I have never liked him more in a movie. The story is well constructed, and well directed, this is clearly Allen's love letter to Paris and it doesn't falter for a second. Sometimes romantic comedies can get a bit slow and tedious during the second act crisis, but that never happens in this film. I was fully there, present in Paris for every minute. I know I'm gushing, but this movie definitely makes my list of all time faves. Put it in your queue Boos, you won't be disappointed.

Have you seen it? What did you think? Have you been to Paris? Tell me about it. Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment