Monday, July 16, 2012

Sally Hansen Nails & Cuticles Hand Creme Review


According to the package this is a manicure creme, made with shea butter, that provides 24 hour moisture to soften hands, smooth cuticles, and condition nails. 


Right away I liked this product for 2 reasons: 1) Shea Butter. Shea Butter is my second favorite lotion butter (after cocoa butter). It both moisturizes the skin and seals in that moisture so it lasts. 2) Multi-tasking. I love that this is one creme for your hands, nails, and cuticles.

The claims:
1) 24 Hour Moisture that lasts through hand washing - Honestly, when I saw that written on the bottle I didn't believe it. I wash my hands a lot. My hands get washed after using the bathroom, while cooking, while cleaning, washing dishes, showering and more. My hands get very dry throughout the day, as a result I keep a bottle of lotion in my purse, on a table in the living room, in the bathroom, and in my nightstand. So to test the 24 hour claim I put away all my usual lotions and put this one on the table. When I put it on before leaving in the morning I was so tempted to throw the bottle in my purse, just in case. Surprisingly, 3 hours later my hands felt great. 5 hours later still good, 8 hours later I am still amazed, I went to bed stunned. The next morning, 24 hours later and my hands still felt soft. They were not as soft as when I first applied the creme but I definitely didn't have that dry, uncomfortable feeling that usually drives me to reach for my lotion. I re-applied but I didn't need to.

2) Soften Hands - This is one of the nicest hand lotions I have used. It has a fairly thick texture that absorbs quickly and left my hands feeling really soft to the touch but not oily. More important than soft my skin felt thoroughly moisturized.

3) Smooth cuticles and condition nails - As I mentioned I love that this is a multi-tasking product. I use my hand lotions as nail and cuticle creams anyway, so this product makes perfect sense to me. As a cuticle creme it is good. It worked to soften my cuticles but didn't seem to last as long as it did as a hand creme. I really wanted to put more on my cuticles before the 24 hours was up. It was the same as a nail creme, it was good in that it worked. My nails still feel strong and aren't peeling, but I for regular use I would re-apply it to my nails before the 24 hours was up.

Other points:
The smell is great. It smells of oranges when you first put it on, but the smell isn't overly strong and doesn't linger long enough to become irritating.

The price. $5.99 for a full size bottle. Sally Hansen products always offer great quality for a great price so this isn't a surprise, but it is good news.


Overall:
I love it and will definitely purchase a full size bottle. It is a wonderful hand creme, a good nail and cuticle creme, and for $5.99 it does the work of three products.


Disclosure: Sally Hansen and Influenster provided me with this sample for the purpose of testing and review.



What do you think? Leave me a comment below.




No comments:

Post a Comment