Monday, July 23, 2012

Lip Balm Face Off Week 1

This product is really great. It is inexpensive and leaves my lips feeling soft and conditioned for hours, even after eating. It is nicely pigmented and gives my lips the little touch of color I look for in a tinted lip balm. It makes me feel like I'm pulled together without the heavily made up look of lipstick or gloss. I also really loved the smell of this one, so peachy and delicious smelling, although the fact that this smells great isn't a surprise since Bonne Bell is the same company that makes the lip smackers I loved as a kid. My favorite were the soda ones like Coke, A&W, and Dr. Pepper.

I wasn't thrilled with this one. Within 30 minutes of putting it on my lips felt dry and tacky even though they were still shimmery. I wanted to constantly keep reapplying it because of the weird feeling on my lips. Honestly not having any lip balm would have been less annoying. When I removed the cap it looked as if this would have a deep pink color as well as shimmer but it didn't deposit any color on my lips only a really sparkly glittery shimmer. I feel like it was too shimmery, it is something that a small girl might love but as an adult it was too much. It did have a nice strong minty smell but that was really all I liked about it.

Bonne Bell was the obvious winner for me. It smells great, conditions well, leaves a nice color on the lips, and lasts for hours.

NEXT WEEK: PALLADIO VS. NYX

Have you tried either of these products? What did you think? Leave a comment below.






No comments:

Post a Comment