Monday, August 20, 2012

Lip Balm Face Off Week 5

This week starts round 2. Each of these tinted lip balms won their first rounds so here is a little recap about the details of each:

NYX - Retails for $3.00 and has a sweet strong fruit punch like scent. It is extremely pigmented and glossy more like a full on lip gloss than a tinted balm, it was a little heavy for my taste but the stain left behind is quite pretty and lasts a long time. Here is a link to the round one review for more detail if you'd like.

Bonne Bell - Retails for $2.69 and smells of sweet peaches. Has a soft but noticeable color that is really pretty and isn't overly shiny. It also leaves my lips soft and moisturized for hours. Here is the link to it's round one review for more information.

I have to go with Bonne Bell again! The NYX was too pigmented for my taste. When I wear a tinted balm instead of lipstick or gloss it's because I am looking for subtly and the Bonne Bell delivers that gentle hint of color. The NYX was also way too glossy, again a tinted lip balm should be subtle in my opinion and the NYX doesn't deliver that. Also the Bonne Bell is a great moisturizer. I hate the feeling of dry lips and will apply most lip balms frequently throughout the day, I didn't need to do that with the Bonne Bell. The moisturizing effect of the Bonne Bell lip blush lasted for hours my lips felt great the whole day. One thing that is disappointing is that neither the NYX or the Bonne Bell is labeled as containing an SPF which is something I do look for in a balm. For the purposes of testing I wore each balm alone, but normally when wearing a tinted balm that doesn't mention SPF I will also wear an un-tinted one that does contain SPF. Overall I am loving the Bonne Bell though.

Next week it's ELF vs. Maybelline.

Do you have a favorite tinted lip balm? Let me know in the comments below.




No comments:

Post a Comment