Monday, August 27, 2012

Beauty on my Budget #2

August 2012 - The Budget


Budget Goal: $50-$100. $50 would be great, $100 I can live with, more than $100 and I lost my reason.

The Purchases: 
$10 Glam Bag Subscription

$10 Birch Box Subscription

$25 Sephora Give Me Some Lip
Look at it, isn't it beautiful? A sampler of 6 lip products, including 2 full size products all in pretty pinks and nudes. How could I resist? Something so beautiful is bound to make me beautiful too (<-- There in lies the root of my cosmetics spending problem). 

2 - Toki Doki Roulette Gloss Trio $7 each
I LOVE the Toki Doki brand, I think it's adorable, and I have wanted some of the TD stuff from Sephora for awhile but it was always pretty pricey. However, Sephora is currently phasing out the TD stuff so it is all on clearance. When I saw that these were marked down to $7 I couldn't resist. They each have 3 mini glosses clipped on to a central black plastic piece. The glosses snap in and out so they are removable but they also just slide up so you can remove the cap of the one you want and use it without removing it fro the center piece. Each gloss case has a TD character pictured on it. It is so cute. I got the pinks and nudes.

FREE - Peter Thomas Roth Cleansing Gel and Bare Minerals Foundation with mini Kabuki Brush
Sephora gives you samples if you make a purchase.

BH Cosmetics Contour & Blush Palette $18.02

I have contour powders but have had a hard time finding an inexpensive highlighter so I picked up this.


FREE - Keranique
This stuff just started turning up at my door. It is addressed to me, but I didn't buy it and it didn't come with any type of letter so.... I also have no idea what I am going to do with it. It is a serum for women with thinning hair and anyone who knows me knows that my hair is far from thinning. I have a ton of hair and don't need this, so I am not sure what I am going to do with it.

FREE - Crest Complete and Cover Girl Queen Eyeliner
Proctor and Gamble were kind enough to send me these products, so expect reviews later.

Revlon Color Burst Lipstick in Soft Nude $6.99 & Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Peach Petal $5.79.
If you are an avid Pinterest user like me then you will recognize this photo as the combo touted as the perfect nude. Well I couldn't resist that line so I bought it. It some ways it is the perfect nude and in others it isn't. Stay tuned for a review.

Physician's Formula Nude Matte Eye Quads in Canyon & Classic Nude $3.34 each
I love nudes, I very rarely wear bold colors it's just my style. I also love mattes, when I am in a hurry or don't want to work hard at applying my make-up I find a matte shadow is most flattering. You can just throw some matte shadow at your eyes and still look good in a way you can't with shimmers. What all that means is that when I saw these I couldn't resist, that added to the fact that PF was buy 1, get 1 50% off at Ulta and I had a coupon for $3.50 off a $10 purchase and I couldn't leave them in the store.

Charming Charlie Handbag $35
I had no intention of buying a handbag, but I was in the mall alone and stumbled into Charming Charlie's for the first time. I was immediately sucked in by it's charm and beautiful displays, the next thing I knew I was walking out of the door with this. Practical, pretty, and inexpensive I couldn't resist. Plus I had just gotten paid and you know how that goes.


Lush CACA NOIR Henna Hair Dye $24.95
I have used drugstore dyes to cover my grays in the past but having been natural for 6 years now I am always looking for new, natural, healthier things to use in my hair. I want to try this to cover my grays but I have also heard online that for women with natural hair using henna can help condition the hair, as well as loosen the natural curl pattern. I will let you know how it goes.




THE TOTAL: $156.43 EEK! I had a bad month, a lot of down moments and boredom that led to too much money being spent. I love everything I got but $156 in a month on stuff I don't NEED is ridiculous. =(

What was your month like?






No comments:

Post a Comment