Monday, August 6, 2012

Lip Balm Face Off Week 3

THE NEUTROGENA - Right off I didn't care for the texture of this. It has a really greasy texture that smudges easily like it needs a lip liner. The texture also means that when I ate or drank something it got all over my face, straws, napkins, whatever came near it. The scent and the tint can be described in a similar way; it's there and it's noticable but very light and subtle. This is a decent nice quality lip balm, but for $8.99 I would expect more. Similar quality stuff can be purchased for much less.

THE ELF - Mint isn't my favorite scent for a lip balm but a lot of them are doing the mint thing now. Other than that I really like this lip tint. The texture is very creamy and applies a lot more like lipstick than lip balm and this shade of nude is the perfect one for me (which I know doesn't really mean it will be a great color for you, but if you know how hard it is to find a flattering shade of nude you will know why I had to mention it). This comes in 5 colors plus clear so hopefully they will have a cute shade for you.



THE OVERALL - I'm picking ELF this week because while I like the Neutrogena it is not a $9 lip balm. ELF is a quality product for a reasonable price. The only drawback to the ELF is that the company is mainly online, which means that you can't just decide "Hey I want to try that $3 lip balm" because it would still cost $6 to ship it. Ordering from the only makes sense if you want to order enough stuff to justify shipping charges. On the upside Target does carry a limited range of ELF products and this just happens to be one of the items you can get there.

NEXT WEEK MAC VS. MAYBELLINE

Have you ever tried ELF? What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment