Monday, August 13, 2012

Lip Balm Face Off Week 4

The * by the MAC - My MAC lip conditioner is quite a few years old and is the one pictured. The review I will give is for that one. I do not know if the formula has changed at all. However, the price of $15 is for the current price for MAC lip conditioner which is smaller than the one pictured. I do not remember how much I paid for the one I have and it would have been in the old Irish punts anyway (I purchased it in Limerick). Here is what the newer one looks like:

The MAC: The texture of this is very greasy. It smears easily and has a tendency to get all over my face. It is very pigmented which would be great if it was only on my lips, not so good on my chin and in my philtrum. This is so greasy and shiny, as well as so heavily pigmented, I feel like I would like it more if I wore it with a lip liner like a conditioning lip gloss rather than a tinted balm. Then of course there is the price. MAC is not a drugstore brand. $15 is a lot for a tinted lip balm. I wouldn't have a problem with the price tag if I believed I was getting something special for the price, but honestly it is comparable to the Neutrogena I already reviewed for $8.99. Also, it lacks a sweet scent. There is something in the smells that reminds me of chocolate but it isn't a delicious smell. 

The MAYBELLINE: I love this lip balm. I wear it a lot. It is conditioning and adds moisture without being too oily. The pink punch is, obviously, a pink color and it is really nice. It has nice pigmentation noticeable but really natural looking. The fruity smell is incredible. This balm is a great for when you want just a little bit of color, but aren't wearing full make-up. 

OVERALL: Even though the MAC is an upscale brand I have to go with the Maybelline. The Maybelline offers a great product at a much more reasonable price, it's that simple.

Next Week Starts Round 2!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment