Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bath and Body Works Candle

Hey Boos,

So this is the first of my Influenster Beauty Blogger VoxBox reviews. If you haven't seen my unboxing video it's HERE. Have a look so you can see all the great products I'll be reviewing.

One of my FAVORITE items from the box was a Mahogany Teakwood Mini Candle ($3.50) from Bath & Body Works. It smelled so good that I completely burned through the candle before I could even do the unboxing video. Lucky for me Bath & Body Works also included a coupon for the larger 3-wick version the candle (regularly $20.00).

Let me start off by saying I am very picky about candle scents. I don't like fruity candles because I don't like the smell of artificial fruit (I don't like any fruit "flavored" things for the same reason - if I want a strawberry I'll eat a strawberry. Why would I put some pseudo strawberry blech in mouth?) I don't like incense, I find the smell too heavy and suffocating. I also don't see the point in scents like pumpkin pie, they never smell like pumpkin pie, they smell like wax and flaming cinnamon. 

But enough complaining, this candle is bold, earthy, and woody. The 3-wick was big enough to fill my entire apartment with it's scent in just a few minutes. I like to light it at night with the lights off, a mug of tea, and duvet on my lap. There is something extremely comforting about watching the flames dance while surrounded by the thick scent of dark wood. It is so hard to do scent justice in writing, but if you find yourself near a Bath & Body Works pop in and smell the Mahogany Teakwood it will be worth it; even if you aren't a fan of this candle they have DOZENS of other scents in the shop you're bound to find something you'll love. They even have a wide range of the fruit and food scented ones I mentioned before, LOL. With Xmas coming up one of the 3-wicks or a sampling of minis would make a great secret santa gift.

Full Disclosure: The mini candle was provided to me free of charge by Bath & Body Works and Influenster for the purpose of review ;)

What's your favorite candle scent? Let me know in the comments below.




No comments:

Post a Comment