Monday, May 27, 2013

Tasty Kake Kandy Bar Kake from Influenster Spring Voxbox



Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of packaged snack cake. I prefer to bake when I want cake I just think it tastes better. That being said the pre-packaged snack cakes that I LOVED as a kid and still get the occasional craving for are Tasty Kake's Chocolate Junior and Peanut Butter Tandy Kakes, so I was excited to taste the Kandy Bar Kake.

The flavor I received was Hershey Smores. It has chocolate cake, marshmellow cream filling, chocolate coating, and graham cracker crumbs.  Overall it was ok. It won't be one of my favorites (although I think I might have liked it better if I had gotten peanut butter). The cream filling is overly sweet and the graham cracker crumbles leave a strange after taste. The whole thing also has that packed and preserved taste that puts me off pre packed cakes in general.

My opinion is that if you generally like packaged cake you will probably like these Tasty Kake makes the nicest snack cakes by far, but if you just aren't into the overly sweet highly processed taste of packaged cakes don't bother.

Disclaimer: Influenster and Tasty Kake provided this sample for me free of charge for the purpose of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment