Monday, May 13, 2013

I'M BACK

...and I've got a plan.



Remember 6 months ago when I started promising you that big changes were coming to my page? Well it took awhile but...HERE IT IS, YAY!!!! I know, I know, I know but better late than never right? 

So What's The Plan?

Way back in December the New Year had me thinking about my life and what direction I wanted it to go in this year, because in March I turned 39. 39! I am officially in the last year of my 30's and my life isn't exactly where I thought it would be by the time I reached this age. So I decided to try and do something about it, to get my life "together-ish" by the time I turn 40. Look I'm no miracle worker, I know I can't magic my dream life into existence in a year, but I can do more than I'm currently doing to get it (which is nothing) and I can definitely be in a better place and on a better road by the time 40 hits. Hence the new name "Girl40Project." I feel like to date I have lived my life in reaction to things that happen to me, but I'm turning 40 and I don't want to live like that anymore I want to live my life purposefully. I intend to be proactive not reactive, but doing that is going to be a project (heh. heh. you see what I did there?) It is going to take work and I've decided to document it here. I also hope that this and my FaceBook page will be a place where WE (that's you and me) will have an ongoing discussion about our lives and how we live them to the fullest each day.

What Are We Going To Talk About?

LOTS OF THINGS!

I will continue to talk about the fun stuff:

BOOKS - I love reading and discussing good books, so that will continue.

MAKE-UP/NAIL POLISH/HAIR - I also love make-up and continue to receive my Birchbox and Ipsy Glambag subscriptions, so I will continue doing openings, reviews, hopefully some tutorials and manicures. I do want to slant this toward the new page though. I watch YouTube videos like everyone else and I love them, especially the beauty gurus but have you noticed that all those guru girls are like 12 (alright more like twenty-something but still) and gorgeous. Well I ain't 20, and I'm not model perfect, so I'm going to talk about the make-up and looks that work for me. For instance I will not be reviewing the latest red glitter eyeshadow because 1) Red?! Really, this is a color we're putting on our eyes? No lie when Wet and Wild came out with an eyeshadow trio last summer that included a red, silver, and black glitter shadow I asked a guru that had given it rave reviews how practical it was and where she planned to make those colors seem wearable. She replied by saying that people just have to have an imagination and be daring. Needless to say the look that turned up in her tutorial looked like a clown did it, but hey if you're 20 and doing it in the club maybe clown is what you want, but I can't hit up the local Stop and Shop looking like that so...NO. 2) Glitter. You know what happens when a 39 year old puts glitter on their eyes. Sparkly crows feet. NOPE. However, I will discuss things like St. Ives' collagen elastin facial moisturizer which is supposed to add elasticity and youthful fullness to your skin, because 1) These are things I care about. 2) I have yet to find anyone over the age of 25 reviewing it on YouTube.

RECIPES - Occasionally I might try things. If I do and they are yummy I'll let you know. Why? Because I love a good recipe swap.

BEAUTY ON A BUDGET - I'm going to continue that because I love make-up and want to look good but I'm also frugal and believe in saving. I don't want to throw money away and I think this really helps me examine my spending.

GENERAL REVIEWS -  I buy things. I like to talk about them.

TV/VIDEOGAMES - I'm junkie. Things need to be discussed. Mostly via Facebook I'd say.


I will start talking about the things I want to "fix" in my life:


OVERWEIGHT - Must start to get this under control. They say losing/maintaining weight is harder as you get older and 40 is the official mark for older right? Ugh. I am not going to enjoy tackling this one but at least I know how it's done. I lost a lot of weight in college, smallest I ever was - so want to go back.

STYLE-LESS - I've already begun working on this one. I needed new clothes for a new job recently so I looked at those style things on Pinterest and tried to come up with a "look" but I feel like shlub is my default. I like comfort and for some reason comfort always seems to equal my pajama top and some sweat pants. Pinterest and the need to go to work looking like a professional adult should help with this.

MESSY - So my apartment is almost never clean. It also nothing that can be called "decor" in it. This I have no idea how I'm going to deal with.



I will start talking about the serious stuff (but hopefully in a fun and interesting way):

Like the title says this is a project. In order to be the me I want to be I have to do the heavy lifting and heal the old me. If I'm going to get to where I want to be I have some hurdles to go over and I want to do it with you. I plan on mustering up the courage to be open about some of my demons and I hope you will share how you deal with or have dealt with yours. This one frightens me. There is potential for chickening out.

So do I expect my life to be perfect by my 40th? No. But I do expect me to be a better me and I don't want to go on this journey alone.




1 comment: